advertising a website...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmidwinter

Does anyone have some advice on the best way to advertise a website?

I've submitted my url to various search engines, but what next?

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
what is next really depends on you. their are a variety of things you could, both online and offline.

online their are a large variety of ad company's threw which you could have your banner ad placed on other web sites. for some adwords by google has shown great results. others join link exchange programs, exchanging links with other web sites that are related in some which way or form.

depending on what type of web site it is, it might be best to advertise offline. such as placing an ad in a local newspaper or magazine. statistically, most customers do business with businesses within 50 miles of where they are located. granted this depends on what sort of business you are doing.

honestly, the sky is the limit. their are countless paid and free ways to market your web site. which way is best really depends on you. regardless of which route you choose, it will involve loads of work for the site to truly be successful.

start by analyzing who your target audience is and go from their.

good luck.

Ar3d

how about the directory submission... and it would also a big factor if you could listed your site to DMOZ but its not easy as other directory. so try to read their rules on submission...

lee_vhoi_ol

Does anyone have some advice on the best way to advertise a website?

I've submitted my url to various search engines, but what next?

It may not be enough to submit your url to various search engines.

In fact, I do not submit my sites to search engines--the search engines automatically find them after I have done SEO on them.

Even if you have submitted them to search engines, they probably won't end up in the first, second, third, or fourth page. You also have to make sure they return at the top results for particular keywords important to your site.

Submit to free directories.
Post in forums, with a link to your site in your signature.
Use your keywords as the anchor text, or the text in your link.
Do On page optimization such as keyword density (avoid being spammy) in the right places, using appropriate words in your title, header1, header2, header3 tags, BOLD your keywords once in your page.

In regards to marketing, try Google Adsense, Adwords, etc.

Last edited:

Ar3d

For me the best way to promote a site is by making an article which very useful to your users then eventually they realize how prominent your site is...

lee_vhoi_ol

For me the best way to promote a site is by making an article which very useful to your users then eventually they realize how prominent your site is...

It's good if you can make an article that is really helpful to your customers. I agree. If your customers like your article then they could find that they trust you, and your site.

Host it on your site though, and I don't suggest submitting to too many article sites. I've heard duplicate issue concerns, though as of now I'm not quite sure if articles across different websites are considered duplicate content.

dmidwinter

Can you eleborate on what exactly you mean by writing an article and submitting to a directory -- which directories in particular would you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.