Add to cart???

eckles

Hi, I've been given the fun job at work to get a web site up and running. One that can sell our products online and we need an "add to cart" option. I haven't got the first clue about how to do this. Can anyone lead me to a web site or can tell me how to do it? I've searched and everyone wants to sell me something. The boss wants it done free!!!:eek: I gather we need a database with our product range as well...I've never linked one to a web page before. What do you think....I should get paid more than I do???? I think so. Cheers Eckles

Last edited:

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
well it wont be free for a start.
but...
the best you can do is
domain - $
hosting - $
shop around for both and get something that is RELIABLE primarily. as you'll be saving very little for a cheap domain and get what you pay for with cheap hosting...

next download a free open source CMS, drupal, joomla are two good ones I'd recommend. upload it to your server and install. (it'll have an install.txt with it, or you can find plenty of installation docs on their homepages)

learn the quirks of the CMS and either implement a template design or make your own, depends how keen you are I suppose. Once thats done, apply key design elements to the website, and start building the site content up.

in the meantime sign up for a free "paypal" account, once you've linked your paypal account with the bank account - set up the link between paypal and the website.

test and implement.

sit back and have a beer.

then ask for a pay rise...

notarypublic

Think of it as paid educational training.. If you can put that you have experience with shopping cart systems on your resume, I can't imagine you'd have a hard time finding a job elsewhere that pays plenty more than where you're at now :D