A Scrap Metal Website, Review It

Enigma

I want you to review a scrap metal site I had purchased built around a drupal script. It currently handles 400+ members and has worked without a hiccup. Im just curious to here other peoples opinions. It's http://www.recycleconnect.net

Also I've same across an interesting article I want to know if people agree with... I;ve always thought that visually stunning websites were the way to go until I read this, and now I wonder other peoples opinions. 5 Effective Yet Simple Web Design Tips

I'm still a newb at design so I'm trying to get the most opinions I can

bret

You're off to a good start. The logo works well although the font in it is too thin when layed over the metal background. The 'buy. sell. connect' font strikes me as off-do some tweaking or match it to the logo font. I like the images on your nav tabs, but the blue background on the tabs feels too heavy. Consider how you can simplify the tabs even more.

Best,

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
The idea is great and I like the metal BG, but the site design as a whole does not flow to well. The BG image should tie into the body and navigation. I would try to blend the parts together (not literally), create a better theme. Just off the top of my head...why not darken the metal BG and then in the area where the content is, have the metal lightened as if it were brushed with a wire brush (like it was cleaned up). Or you could use metal plates on top off the pattern BG?

zach

Overall I think it works well.

I really like your logo icon and the overall feel of the site.

I would change the background image or try to blend it in better with the site and maybe center the entire thing.