A point in the right direction - Game Creation!

tlmsolution

Hi there,

Im at a bit of a lose end and looking for some help

I currently studying web design languages (HTML, CSS, MySQL and Javascript) in order to develop an online game. The simulation i am looking at is a football manager game, in which i will have 1 league structure. The league structure will contain 64 teams, spread over 8 divisions (8 teams per division). In each of the 64 teams i will need a minimum of 16 players with no maximum size required.

Each season, all teams will play each other 2 times (home and away) meaning there will be 14 games per season. The season will have 50 game days (which will split into 25 real days). Each day will start at 00:30GMT and 12:30GMT (example below)

5th October 2011 - 00:30 - Gameday 1 - Fixture 1
5th October 2011 - 12:30 - Gameday 2
6th October 2011 - 00:30 - Gameday 3 - Fixture 2
6th October 2011 - 12:30 - Gameday 4
7th October 2011 - 00:30 - Gameday 5 - Fixture 3

....and so on and so forth!

- - - - -

Question 1) What i need to know, is how will i get a server to update itself to change game days every 12 hours?

- - - - -

Every player will have a basic stat collection of 4 stats, GK, DEF, MID and ATT. The higher the stat value in a particular area, the better the player. the maximum stat value a player can have is 30, the lowest being 1

As an example, ill make up a player profile below:

R Green - Midfielder - 24

GK: 3
DEF: 8
MID: 19
ATT: 5

APPEARANCES:
GOALS:
ASSISTS:
YELLOW CARDS:
RED CARDS:
AVERAGE RATING:

- - - - -

Question 2) Every time a player plays a match, ill need these stats to update automatically. How would this be possible?

Question 3) My match engine will randomly book (yellow card) or send players off (red card) - how would i get this to work?

- - - - -

The tactic selection will be pretty basic, you can choose between 4 formations and 4 styles of play:

4-4-2
4-5-1
4-3-3
5-4-1

Contain - Soak up all oppositions attacks by defending as a team (this will require almost all players to have good DEF skills). Players will play freely but will not overload in attack

Counter Attack - Players will soak up attacks but quickly break to try and score on the counter (this will require a good DEF, MID and ATT stats)

Expressive - Players will play freely and will try fancy passes/skills (this will require a high MID stat)

Overload - Players will go all out to attack (will require all players on the pitch to have high skills in MID and ATT stats)

- - - - -

Question 4) How could i make it that ATT's that play against better DEF's get better match ratings and vice-versa?

- - - - -

The league structures will be as follows:

L1 -
1 Champion
2 Relegation

L2 -
2 Promotion
2 Relegation

L3 -
2 Promotion
2 Relegation

L4 -
2 Promotion
2 Relegation

L5 -
2 Promotion
2 Relegation

L6 -
2 Promotion
2 Relegation

L7 -
2 Promotion
2 Relegation

L8 -
2 Promotion
2 Relegation

Question 5) Once a season ends (after 26 real days), how will i get all leagues to reset to 0 games ready for the new season?

Question 6) How easy will it be to create a 'history' table for each league season showing league winners/related teams from previous season?

There is much more to go into this, however i feel i've asked enough questions for the main part above. I'm hoping there's someone out there that will be able to point me in the right direction.

The game will be pretty basic initially but something i will build over a period of time, at which point ill develop an internal forum, more leagues etc etc

For the most part above, i believe i will need HTML, CSS and MySQL - but would i need anything else?

Please post ANYTHING you feel may be a help to me

Thanks in advance

TLM Solution