A little help with jscript slide show

maxdennx

Works perfectly in firefox but looks like hell in IE.. I thought I was an okay designer until I stumbled upon cross browser optimizing. Anyway please have a look at my portfolio page/code in IE and tell me what I'm doing wrong.

URL is: http://www.miliandesign.com/test.html

I've been trying to work on it for hours but can't figure it out, help would be much appreciated. Don't know why the second slide drops below the first, then the next 4 slides don't show up. (Take a look at it in Firefox for reference)

Also is there a code to fix the png problems in IE? My background images look very weird. Thanks so much (yes i know i'm a noob, fresh out of college)

-Max

Angus

I looked at your site in both browsers (FF and IE) and sure enough, the IE version is broken. Seems like all the images are hosed in IE. Looks like the initial or link image is wrong, but the mouseover ones work.

I'm afraid I can't help you, but I am watching this thread and am a little dismayed that no one here is commenting.

Did you write the jscripts or borrow them?

Also, I am wondering if W3's validator catches cross-browser issues...

So.. couple questions. Is this Wordpress, if so how are you calling jQuery(function, head call, local instal or google APS)? Also your using 6.1. Chrome throws some errors with that version as well, try an update and see what happens.

maxdennx

well the image links are going no where because i haven't created those pages yet, so those red x's will go away after they are created.

Definitely not wordpress.. i designed everything in dreamweaver. Although I did borrow the jscricpts so I am a little unfamiliar with them.