A good host needed

DotSter

Banned
I am currently with Hostrocket. My forum got hacked today, and i am unable to restore my database using my backup because my host won't let me use ssh as my IP address isn't registered in the US, or something like that. This is ridiculous, as well as the fact they are taking hours to reply to me. I want to change hosts, and some recommendations would be brilliant.

web67

go daddy is gaining its name very fast, i will recommend u to join it

else, u can get space from me too

pm me if u need details, with ur requirements

Last edited:

web67

why dont u get ur own server?
i am planning to setup one! have basic know how, will start it may be next week

Last edited:

040hosting

There are many hosts where you will get a better service, i would expect your host to help you to restore your site from a backup.

Giving out shell access is not something most shared hosts will do easily.

There are many places on the web to search for a new host, just make sure you read some reviews of them, and check if they got what you need.

Good luck in your search!

Peps

Banned
Hello I, I would suggest you Lunarpages.com, Santrex.net or NeoWebspace.com. The main thing why I love them is safety of sites you host with them and relatively low prices.

grizly

Banned
I wanna mention here the services from A2hosting.com. This company provides many web hosting services with discounts plus quality support. Prices are acceptable.

Q_d

Banned
As any other web deigner you must be looking for quality high end services.. I would suggest you http://utropicmedia.net. They are one of the best for web designers. I think that you will go for them with no regret.

hosted_web

Whoever you choose make sure you keep regular backups yourself (create a cron job or something) as well as database backups.

Also, watch out for weak forum software, i would recommend PHPBB and make sure the forum is kept to the latest version.

Hope this helps.