A couple of Questions

wschwa11

Hi, I am fairly new to web design. I jumped right in though, and bought some design software and I use some open source stuff to build my site.

This is my situation. I had a website that was made purely in dreamweaverCS4 with just HTML, and CSS. I had incorporated a blogger blog, for some minor CMS things I wanted to accomplish and was using a Vanilla Forum.

Fundamentally this worked as I was indexed by Google, and had a working sitemap. As well as user visiting from search inquiries.

I recently got a wild hair to upgrade the site. I started using my dreamweaver page to create only a site index page, which I plan to change often by using my design software incorporating flash and different graphical elements. I downloaded and installed to my web hosting service, a wordpress package which I then transferred my html pages to by basically copying and pasting my data in just a text form. It looks good ( I think) and it is more functional (I think). I also installed a phpBB forum which is operational.

My site index page is OddLotBlog.com

My Wordpress site is located in my public_html folder on my server and can be accessed at oddlotblog.com/Releases

My PHPbb forum is located in my public_html folder also and can be accessed at oddlotblog.com/Forum

My problem now is I cannot get a sitemap to integrate these things together.

Is this something that I am missing, do I not have these elements configured properly? If anyone wants to take a look at the site, and has any suggestions please let me know?

It's like the Wordpress, and the Forum are not being seen?:confused:

I had gotten useful information from the site in the past and hoped someone could help thanks in advance.

wschwa11

An update to this problem. I removed my index.html page from my ftp client.

Now when I got to my page I get a

Index of/

Bars/
DailyPics/
Forum/
Pages/
Releases/
notes/

And can make a sitemap of this site, with the Forum and Releases (wordpress) data mapped.

When I upload my index.html file it then doesn't recognize the Forum/ and Releases/ just indexing my index.html

DamienDarwick

Wordpress has a sitemap plugin that may help you. You just need to install it adn then when you configure it you can add on outside links outside your wordpress installation. This may be the easier way to get your entire site included via a google sitemap.