A challenge for all web designers

JDBostrom

First of all, I'm NOT a web designer in any way, shape, or form. But I've been forced to learn some basic web design to build my own website. (The website can be found at: www.jonathanbostrom.com.) I made it all using Frontpage (I know, I know...), except for the home page. I made that by modifying a Wordpress theme.

My problem is actually with the home page, and it's immediately apparent when you start adjusting the screen resolution. The header shifts, the sidebars move, text changes size, etc. etc. I've been told this is a result of corrupted code, or something like that. Nothing that I know how to fix.

Since I have no idea how to fix this site (or, at least the home page) I think I'm going to scrap it and start from scratch. My problem is, I don't know what to do. I want the home page to be a blog, or better yet, have a "box" that contains a blog, on an otherwise completely HTML page.

So the first question is, is there any way to "embed" a blog in a Frontpage-made HTML website?

Besides that, do you have any better ideas to fix my site?

Thanks very much!

Jonathan Bostrom

pauleastman007

Hi , Jonathan

This is paul. i got u r problem. you have to use word press theme. then you should upload it u r website control panel and make some setting regarding wordpress which will u find in c-panel. or ask u r webmaster. after that if you want to make changes in theme. you can do with Dream weaver. now u r web site is ready to use similar as u expected. this word press theme like a blog. where u put u r content and visitors give it comments.

BSmithTT

Thanks Paul. I think I've figured out how to fix this now.

I see you have fixed your problem... but I'm wondering if you have thought about not using frontpage at all and do everything inside of wordpress.

There are TONS of free themes out there that you could use to make the site feel more like you.

Then, all of youe additional pages can be added as "pages" instead of "posts" from the wordpress dashboard. Then you have one solid program running everything.

Personally I do not see where additional frontpage pages benefit anything in addition to a wordpress setup.

Just wondering.