69 Steps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AainaA

The number is swell - Its bastardized to the max, esp. when it comes to getting hits / traffic to your site{s}.

1. What are the ways that you'd most likely implement to ensure your site gets the necessary visitors?
  2. How would you turn your site visitors to potential clients?
  3. What is the timeline to your advertising/marketing campaign, and budget spent to make it most effective?
Share your thoughts,
Later,

ian

Administrator
Staff member
69, the year I was born..
1. inbound links and getting listed in directories and optimizing for particular keywords.
2. I have a plan for that in the future, this forum will ALWAYS be free, but I do have a fun idea, yet to be revealed, would take an incredible amount of work though.
3. What advertising/marketing budget, I do everything on the cheap. Only budget I have is for domain names, web software, and a small amount for graphic design/competitions, and also a portion for the administrators who help with managing the site. After all that, there isnt much/any money left for advertising, but if i had to, would probably use google adwords and also submit to a few paid directories, number one on the list would probably be yahoo.com

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
1. back in the days of Ai-Designs.com i found that combination of contributions to other sites and simple word of mounth worked best.

2. most that came to my site were already potential clients by seing my work elsewhere.

3. i have never spent a penny on marketing or advertising any of my projects. some, i probably should have done so, but being that i do what i do more as a hobby rather then a full time job, i did not. but i agree with ian, google adsense and yahoo are a good place to start if you wanted to invest into advertising. however that also depends on what business you are trying to promote. with GForceAuto, we have banners on serveral automotive enthusiast sites and also run various group buys in their forums. the group buys are great for getting customers in the door. a satisfied customer is more likely to come back, rather than someone that has never done business with us. with Ai-Designs.com on the other hand, i started out by offering various freebie services to potential customers. promotion was mostly covered by a link on sites that used those freebies i offered, as well as contributions in the form of free web templates, graphics and so forth that could be found of various directory sites for those things. so not only would the person that used those freebies have a link to my site on his/hers, but the directory site also would have a link back to me under each item i contributed to their directory. this worked quite well and brought me a vairly large viewer base quite quickly. i got serveral emails from viewers of my site asking if i would bring it back anytime soon after i shut down for my inter-continental move. unfortunetly i let the domain expire during this period and have since lost interest in that project.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
What is your involvement with gforce auto? That is a nicely designed site.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
i know, there are quite a few typo's in there, but that's something i have little control over. the company belongs to a friend of mine whom i meet thru nmpoc. i just started helping him to add parts to his shopping cart and i will be taking over a portion of the customer service. my friend designed that site on his own, that's what he does for a living... web sites. he works for some company in albuquerque new mexico. he also sponsors my car! :p

AainaA

sponsorship is another way to get your site traffic up... so which part of the car is being sponsored? the body? or the parts?

Kinky Ian!

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
AainaA said:
sponsorship is another way to get your site traffic up... so which part of the car is being sponsored? the body? or the parts?
i get everything that he gets at cost. :)

[qoute=AainaA]
Kinky Ian![/QUOTE]
huh? :confused:

AainaA

you're asking me about Ian being Kinky? Well, it mustve been his previous avatar or something like that :p

Status
Not open for further replies.