403 Forbidden Page

CaldwellYSR

Well I finished my friend's website that I had questions about earlier. Now I'm trying to upload it. I get free hosting and get a mysql database setup on it. Get everything ready, ftp a clean install of wordpress and when that finishes I go to the page to setup the site. Except when I go there I keep getting a 403 forbidden page! I don't know what went wrong :(

CaldwellYSR

Not sure how to do that on the host.... I've never actually put a site online before.... well nothing bigger than a couple files.... When I pushed them through my ftp program (cyberduck) it was saying that it was updating file permissions to 777 so nobody should be forbidden I would think... plus I chmodded the files to 777 before uploading them...

Last edited:

CaldwellYSR

Well apparently the file that said "put web files here" isn't where I really should have put the files. I reuploaded the files to a different folder and now the site loads just fine. (Although my wp-admin page has absolutely zero styles.... Something with the .htaccess file... dunno what yet) fixed! I had to add define('SCRIPT_DEBUG', true); to the wp-config file. Not quite sure why I had to do that but it worked XD

Last edited: