3D shopping

3DProf4online

What are your opinions about implementing 3D into online store web sites? What role do the modern 3D models play in online shopping field?
3DProf4online
from TouchBubble.com

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Not quite sure what you mean, a normal 2d website with options to view a product in a 360 degree 3d like view would be good.

kiko_friendly

But the 360 degree idea seems pretty cool. :p

However, I would not want to have to "walk" around, when I could much quicker do it all in 2D. :p

3DProf4online

2D or 3D?

But if you visit our web site and see 3D product view models you will change your opinion about 3D, 2D and plug-in. Of course if you are going to sell books 2D will be enough for online product presentation, but it is better to use 3D models for selling such products as jewelry, apparel, watches, mobile phones, cars etc. I think these models can provide online customers with more detailed description of a product they are going to buy comparing with 2D solutions! What do you think about it?
3DProf4online
from TouchBubble.com

jmad

3d

i think the idea of 3d would be sweet. i just bought some paint ball maker mods n it would have been sweet to be able to see what it would have looked like on my gun from different angles. in stead i had to search all over ebay looking 4 different pics hoping the right angles i wanted to see.

StephanieCordray

It would work only if the products can be added true to life without slowing load times for visitors. People aren't going to buy a product based on an unrealistic look to the model. This is also something you will have to test with lots of simultaneous connections to make sure it's viable for heavy traffic. I've tiddled with "3d websites" and was rather disappointed with some of the graphics. Things might have changed a bit since my tiddling with them.