2D, Flash or 3D???

3DProf4online

What online product view presentation is better to choose for an online store - 2D, Flash or 3D?
3DProf4online
from TouchBubble.com

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
it depends on what it is you are selling, but generally your standard 2D images do the job just fine. good quality 3D images or 360 views can't hurt though. i wouldn't use flash in a standard store for anything other and an options 360 degree view of select products.

kiko_friendly

Did this not just get posted elsewhere?

2D with the OPTION of 3D in a popup window IF you click on it. Otherwise, slow and bleh.

3DProf4online

Comparing 3D product view presentation with Flash it should be pointed out that 3D models are considered to be more realistic! The point is that they allow users to rotate, zoom, move, flip and see each aspect of a product from any angle in real time! That's why we took decision to develop 3D models for online product presentation. However when buyer's click on our models they dislike installing the special plug-in. How can we solve this problem?

3DProf4online
from TouchBubble.com

jmad

if u used flash most people would have the plug ins i would think. n i have seen flash animations that will do all that. i made one while i was in school virtual tour of a construction company's model home. it was fun n if not to difficult. right left zoom. that kinda thing i didn't make a flip function but that shouldn't be hard at all. sorry if this is no help.:eek:

kiko_friendly

Yeah, do the 3D thing in flash, but make sure that it's always optional!

My dad would NEVER go with anything that isn't plain text because he's dyslexic and dyspraxic and so confusing but cool things in flash get the better of him every time.

Anyhow, dunno what else to say. :)

Bronzy

Hello everyone

I think 3D Flesh is better for presentation. You can easily create graphic flash presentations using 3D on CD, CD business cards, video recording, music, sound and hypertext..............

rankb

go with 2d if you site is new, then in time you can shift on 3d if you products require this (phones, electronics, 3d arts ...)