1st website, need assistance (gaming clan)

Acoustic

Got most of the basic graphics down and need some advice/critiquing/review. I intend on adding things like donation boxes, youtube emblem link, recent members, posts, news, ect but for now the basics are the only thing there. I don't have a domain name yet so I can only post pictures of it being previewed:

Homepage1.png

homepage2.png

Any advice is needed, considering it's my first website.

RedStamp.ca

Looks like a good start,

I'd consider putting the menu up above the image, as the logo/photo can chew up a lot of the 'above the fold' space.

websonalized

Looks like most pages do when they’re on the drawing board :). CSS is your friend as to me you’re looking for a simple design. If you haven't jumped into CSS yet you should look for tutorials on divs this would greatly aid you on that specific design. Good job as your first design and keep up the good work..

ultradesign

Good job on your first design. You're off to a good start. You may want to consider moving the hammer to one side or the other of the headline so that you can move the photo upwards. Also consider adding at least a privacy and probably an about us page, too in order to standardize your website.

reverseengineer

I'd try a different black, (maybe slate) or a different border color altogether. Looks a little like a generic photography site. Maybe take away F.A.Q. tab and replace it with something else.

jkemper

Agreed here not bad for a first design. I would also agree with moving the menu up. Thats where users are generally use to seeing it at anyways and its always good to follow usability factors when structuring web sites. A site thats hard to use won't have many fans ;p.